Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Infernape Help Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Infernape Help Offshaychusmall

Infernape Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infernape Help Empty Infernape Help

Post by HanoHano Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 pm

As most of you know, I have a fire team. Well.. My infernape sucks.. So.. Im looking for some help from you guys..

Infernape Help 395

Adamant / Jolly Infernape @ Life Orb/Focus Sash/Leftovers
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Okay, I need to decide on my nature. I was leaning towards Adamant since if I need to be faster to kill an i.e. Scarf Heatran ready to EQ o.o, I can just Mach Punch for a final KO. Jolly is just in case... ya know..

THIS IS MY LEAD POKEMON. It comes in and Fakes Out. Then sets up Stealth Rock. I haven't decided Flare Blitz or Fire Punch. If I do Flare Blitz.. it would probably be better to use Leftovers to recover from the recoil. But if I use Fire Punch, I should use Life Orb for an extra boost. And the Focus Sash just incase it's like a Crobat who resists Fake Out Flinch and goes in for a quick OHKO o.o

So anyway, post your opinions.

Adamant or Jolly?
Life Orb, Leftovers, or Focus Sash?
Flare Blitz or Fire Punch?
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 7966
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Infernape Help Empty Re: Infernape Help

Post by Mercury Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Infernape is quite quick anyway, so Adamant for teh extra power
Life Orb because it makes all of the physical attacks hit harder. I haven't actually seen a Crobat lead before, so a Focus Sash would be pointless, as there aren't manner Inner Focus leads out there.
Fier Punch because of Life Orb.

Hope that helped.
Mercury
Mercury

Shaycoins : 6561
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://sites.google.com/site/mercuryshuttle/Home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 pm

honestly that set sounds like a fail, but i'll try to stay with it:

Nature:
Adamant, you running 2 Speed Priority Moves so no need for additional speed

Item:
Focus Sash, leads, especially the speedy Stealth Rock ones(witch i never got), use Focus Sash, especially if it's for a Fire Team, with most guys talking much damage from SR your lead could be your only shot at a Focus Sash

Move:
Fire Punch with the ones you said, but a Swamp. or Gyara. Lead will wall you, for a lead Ape, i'd say that T-Punch or Grass Knot is more reasonable(especially on a Fire Team), for a Fire Team you need to expect people to be fruity and use all waters and grounds, so for an Ape Fire Lead i'd suggest a Mix-Ape(now Naive Nature, still with Focus Sash) with the moves, T-Punch, Grass Knot, HP(Ice), and Close Combat(no real need for SR on a Fire Team, Grounds and most waters can wall it)

sorry, i got a bit off your idea for the moves, lol

-Squirtle :squirtle:

Back to top Go down

Post by happymunda Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:46 pm

I think you have a great ape but, if you want my idea I think.....

NATURE: Go Adamant for the damage just because its a pretty fast poke and you have 2 priority moves and you need to pack in some damage.

MOVESET: I Agree with Squirtle, you have a team full of fire type so a you could pretty much be sweeped by a empoloen(EXTREME OU) or a gara(also common) so t-punch would help in those areas and i don't think you need Fake-out I don't see it very useful, put the fire punch in there, so in total:T-Punch
Fire punch
Stealth Rock
Mach punch

Item: The ape is a lead and leads set up and do damage and die... thats the idea behind a lead go for the life orb and t-punching apes are not as popular as they use to be so its nice to have a little surprise for people who bring in garados or staraptor to try and beat up you ape.

happymunda

Shaycoins : 5464
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 am

Hmm.. Okay. I was actually beginning to think about switching SR on Infernape for EQ.

So..

Adamant Infernape @ Life Orb
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Mach Punch
- T-Punch / Fake Out
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake / Stealth Rock

BTW--THIS INFERNAPE WAS MORE LESS FOR MY MIXED TEAM AND NOT MY FIRE TEAM.
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 7966
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum