Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
A Day in the Life Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
A Day in the Life Offshaychusmall

A Day in the Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Day in the Life Empty A Day in the Life

Post by 7 Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Based loosely off of a sketch I drew and off of the Beatles' hit song.
((EDIT: I'm totally just writing off of my head, and I'm pretty sure it'll be incomplete, cuz yeah. Also, re-named.))

CHAPTER ONE: Till There Was You
I woke up in an abandoned cemetary. There were rocks everywhere and the place stunk of dead people and death. Death has a particular smell, like...burning flesh. I heard this weird sound and totally freaked out. I was busy listening to this sound and freaking out before I realized it was the sound of sobbing. I looked to my left and saw a girl. She looked like she pretty much lived here, holy s**t. Her clothes were so raggedy and she looked so sad. This disturbed me. I asked what was wrong, but she didn't reply. I stood up and walked up to her, and held her shoulder; she stopped crying to look at me. Then I got stuck cuz I didn't know what to say. I mustered up some sort of guts enough to ask what was wrong.
"...lonely..."
What? That's an odd thing for anyone to say. So I asked her again,
"What's up?"
"...lonely..." was the reply again. At this time I was pretty worried about her because hey, she's the first person I've met in this strange new world. So I held her by the shoulders and looked into her face; it was full of fear and trauma, and yet I was never less hesitant in my life as that point.
"Look, just tell me what's wrong and we can both get it over with."
"...I'm lonely..."
...and at this point I just had to laugh. "Please, you're lonely? I just woke up in this weird place and I don't even know anyone, much less have a place to stay--"
"...I don't have anywhere to go, either..."
And then it was kinda silent, sans the crickets. I was all wide-eyed for a moment, like wtf?, but I regained my composure and tried to reason with her. "Don't you have any parents?" She shook her head. "Any relatives?" Again, she shook her head.
At this point, I was considering options for this girl, this poor child of no more than eight years old. After what seemed like eons, I asked,
"Hey, you wanna come with me?"
She looked at me, bright-eyed but confused. I explained my plan to her.
"Well, neither of us knows anybody here, but hey, we know each other, right?" At this, a nod. "And you probably know this world a little better than me, considering I just got here somehow, right?" Again, a nod.
"So how does this sound? I'll adopt you and you can teach me about things in this world. Okay?"
She seemed extremely happy by this plan, although she didn't really show it; she smiled a bit, but other than that, nothing. I just decided to reason with her.
"Hey, what's your name? I'm Jude. Jude Edison."
She looked at me, confused.
"...don't tell me you don't have a name!" She nodded, seemingly embarrased. I panicked a bit, and then looked around. This was a cemetary, right? I'd just look at a name on a graveplate...
I looked at the graveplate she was on. The name said "Julia".
"...Julia." She stared at me, quizzically. "I'll call you Julia. Julia Edison. How does that sound?" She looked at me, with an even bigger smile on her face, and nodded happily.
Ah, well then. I seem to have gotten her happy.
"Alright, Julia, let's see what's near here. Lead the way, if you will." She did, happily.
Is a name really that important? I thought to myself, then shrugged and followed the girl, now happily taking on the moniker Julia Edison.

CHAPTER TWO: Money (That's What I Want)

Remaking cuz fail.

Last edited by 7 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : chapter 2)
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9226
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

A Day in the Life Empty Re: A Day in the Life

Post by 7 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:37 am

Bump for proof of re-edit. Why? Cuz pro.
I changed the entire thing. :/
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:11 am

I didn't think I sucked THIS badly >_>
Nobody comments on this? That actually makes me feel bad.
Re-bump. Feel free to comment on this. Or not, I really don't care.
New chapter up, warning: contains disturbing material...probably.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Yay Disturbing material, AllRight!
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger