Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Moderation Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Moderation Offshaychusmall

Moderation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moderation Empty Moderation

Post by HanoHano Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Based on the Administration Panel, me and some other admins see a severe lack in moderation from any of the mods.

Recently though, Mercury and DarkHeart have picked up their moderation efforts, which is always appreciated.

I do understand Kass has computer problems and can only come online via iPhone ((Which sucks for trying to stay active ><))

Instead, we're trying to increase moderation efforts, and we're doing so via incentive. It's pretty sad we have to resort to this, if it's nessecary, then we'll do it.

For any moderation or advertising you do, You get "Store Credits" ((And Donations for the shop are opening up again very shortly so there will be more for you to choose from ._.))

Things you can do:
- Archive old topics, (There's no need to lock them because the archive forum auto-locks them)
- Delete Trolling and Spam (Excluding Spam Central)
- Moving topics to their correct locations
- Merging active but very similar topics
- Advertising the Forum

Although there is no quota, try and do as much as you can. If we do not see an increase in effort, or no effort at all from you, your moderator status will more than likely be terminated.

This incentive starts Tomorrow (Monday) and will last until January 31st. This gives you three weeks to prove yourself. After the three weeks, you will recieve all the store credits you have earned, and any action towards removing your moderator status will take place at this time.

-Electivire-
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 8007
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Moderation Empty Re: Moderation

Post by Cirrus Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Aw, no, no, no, no, no. There is no incentive necessary at all. Moderation is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. If moderators are not doing their jobs, then they can be demoted for another person to take their place. We'd be pretty much paying the mods to do what they're supposed to do. You don't get an allowance for brushing your teeth or taking a shower, or going to school every day, so what sound reason is there for giving points for moderators to moderate??

I'm with the advertising-for-credits business all the way, as it isn't necessary for the mods to do so, nor anybody on the forum for that matter. But moderating is necessary for moderators to be moderators IMO, and no reward is really necessary. Incentive to have someone do their job is heresy.
Cirrus
Cirrus

Shaycoins : 6862
Registration date : 2008-12-06

http://pokerealm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:52 pm

So basically we keep the same idea but cut out the incentive? K.

Update. If you don't bring up your moderation, within the next 3 weeks, you're out. :\
HanoHano
HanoHano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:10 pm

How do we merge topics?
Mercury
Mercury

Shaycoins : 6602
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://sites.google.com/site/mercuryshuttle/Home

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Okay.. i understand where Justin is coming from with all of this, but i have to put something in for us mods.

There are 4 admins, and 4 mods. All four of you admins are pretty diligent in modding forums (archiving, removing spam etc.) and a lot of it gets done by you because you are so active. In my case, I come on for a good amount of time once i get back from school.. but if Espeon and Electivire, especially, are on so many times during the day.. by the time I get on, a lot of things are already done.

I think what I'm trying to get at is that you can't really say we are low on activity... to an extent. Because by the time we GET on and look around, most modding stuff is done already. So its a tad unfair to be all demanding of this when there isn't anything to do. :\
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8051
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:11 pm

This may be correct, Dark.

But to be honest, the only work I ever see done is from Me, Espeon, Mercury, and DarkHeart.

Maybe we could still mod, but not as many, so everyone has fair-game towards modding.

Or either specify certain forums for certain people (Not including if theres a major spamming attack, then we all work ;_Wink
HanoHano
HanoHano

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 pm

that sounds kinda good, actually. If we assign 'cleanup duty' to each of us for different forums/threads etc. it might be.. better. but if its assigned to someone who doesnt do the work in it, well.. it would just go to show who does what. It seems like a good0ish idea.. but at the same time im sure it has flaws and such.
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8051
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down