Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Something I found recently Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Something I found recently Offshaychusmall

Something I found recently

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something I found recently Empty Something I found recently

Post by 7 Thu May 06, 2010 7:50 pm

I wrote this unfinished short story when I was twelve or thirteen, I can't remember. 'Twas four years ago, though. It's science fiction ish because that's my all-time favorite genre.

Sygnus

Chapter One

The whirring ceased. I opened my eye sockets. I found to be strapped on a table. I quickly unfastened myself and crushed the machine with my hand. The machinery glistened silver as it fell out of my hand. In a joyous swoop, I picked up the nuts and clogs. They seemed like brethren to me, another machine made out of similar parts. Immediately I felt grief and guilt. Crushing a brother is nothing to be excited about, so I calmed down enough to reenact all possible scenarios.

Total it took about 1.5 seconds; there were three hundred quintillion scenarios available and about five quadrillion were in the remotest sense of possibility. I had to reexamine the room. Approximately five routes of escape were noticeable; one on each wall, plus a secret exit. My scanners do not lie. I located the nearest exit and proceeded out into the hall.

I located a door engraved with the insignia of the letter S surrounded by circles and lines protruding from the last circle and outward to the edges of the doors. I thought better to keep my identity secret so I did not enter the door. I commenced the walking.

The facility was enormous. It took about an hour to walk across the campus and back. And that was at the fastest speed possible for me; approximately 120,000 miles per hour. After my walk, I decided to go into the white room I passed on the way here.

The room was incredulous. I thought that it would be smaller but this room is huge! I tried running to the edge of the room at my max speed. It seemed to be about three hours that I was running and the horizon still didn’t seem to be any closer. I turned around and sprinted back but it seemed faster than three hours to get there, like twenty minutes or so. I estimated that this room was to warp time and bend space. I left.

The corridor seemed darker than before now that the lights were off; it was 8:20. The door behind me closed; it had the strange S symbol. I felt as if I was being watched through the cracks of the hall as I walked through it. I walked to the room where I was created; it had a bed with broken cuffs and a drilling machine with a broken headpiece. I laid down on the bed and entered sleep mode.

The first thing I realized when I awoke was the absence of the machine. The room was dark and moldy now, with a fair amount of sunlight beaming in through the window. They must be watching me. I lay in my bed, which felt more comfortable--wait, comfortable? When did I have the sense of feel? They have to be watching. I felt uneasy--there we go again with the feelings! Argh, at least before I could just think about the feelings instead of saying them. I have to get free of this accursed "feeling". I have to get away from them.

This is going to be one heck of a night.

Chapter Two

The first thing I had to do was to make them hate me. I wondered how. It's not as if they are easily aggravated. I decided to spy on humankind via satellite. The first thing I did was connect to the nearby satellite. It wasn't too hard, considering there was no passcode. I picked up the section called Earth. I clicked again, and clicked "USA". The link allowed the camera to view the United States. I brought it closer by a few degrees. I saw a little boy in the window playing with toys. I looked around. It was such a desolate town with nothing in it. Is this how they operate? Humankind is strange, so I looked around on the world map.

At this point I stopped because I don't know. If you'd like to take the text, go ahead, I kinda don't want it anymore because I'm lost on it.
Maybe I'll try to continue it later...
Oh and the wordfilters screwed up some of the words.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9231
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum