Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Offshaychusmall

Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout

Go down

Do you like the way Shaychu looks now?

Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello38%Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello 38% 
[ 8 ]
Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello33%Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello 33% 
[ 7 ]
Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello19%Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello 19% 
[ 4 ]
Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello10%Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Yello 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 21

Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Empty Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout

Hello! As you can see, Shaychu has drastically changed in it's appearance. So I am asking, do you like how it looks and what are your comments, concerns, questions, and suggestions?
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Shaycoins : 6561
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout :: Comments

indidoge

Post Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm by indidoge

- I had voted the 'okay but needs work' ...

Honestly we keep changing things so after we change random things at random times, everything just seems.. not as well put together as it could be. With the increase in activity over the past few weeks (which is awesome, obv =D) I think we need to either make new picture files for anything visual including a new banner, or we can adjust how we design those things according to the current banner (since the banner is pretty awesome) and maybe the navbar could use a bit of work but something along the lines of a colour change (since I'm personally so used to how it looks and the typeface and everything) xD

Just to let you know, as far as making any pictures goes, I'm willing to help out as much as is needed. Tings like that are super simple and could be done in a short amount of time.

And idk if it's bad of me to say this, but I'm kind of missing the old shaychu theme - with the darker grey bg picture with the sort of floral pattern and general bg colour and... everything. but i understand if the site needs a change xD

Back to top Go down

Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 pm by 7

I miss the floral pattern too but I lost it on accident. So. Yeah.

I want to make a new navbar because this one has been there for three years, but the last one I made was very haphazard. I still dislike the typeface. Also, I really don't think we need the FAQ button, so I'll figure out how to get rid of it if I can.

What I want to do (and what I can actually do, I think) is make a rotating banner system so that the banner changes every time the page is refreshed. I have no idea how to do that via images (since I don't have a bandwidth-capable server) so I was planning on making a Javascript code for it. This of course means that I want like five more banners for Shaychu that are all the exact same width and height.k done

Anyway, I voted "I don't really care" because I'm one of the people making the theme. I thought it was fitting.

Back to top Go down

Chrono

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 am by Chrono

The slogan is so cringe "where trainers meet other trainers" god dayum that cringe...

Back to top Go down

Post Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 am by 7

Chrono wrote:where trainers meet other trainers
That's only one of the banners in rotation, and it was added as a retro throwback or something. I think that it would work better if there were more than three banners in the queue but there aren't so oh well!

It is cringe-worthy and cheesy as hell, but it's also the first Shaychu banner, so it's pretty meaningful in its own way.

Also the current slogan is actually "still alive!" as you can see below the banner. It used to be something about grass, but then I changed it for no reason.

(edit: I also just lowered the chance that it will show up, from 33% to roughly 9%. Or, I think I did. I'm not actually sure what I'm doing.)

Back to top Go down

Dragonartist713

Post Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 am by Dragonartist713

Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout Shaych10

Back to top Go down

Shay

Post Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 pm by Shay

Espe that banner is amazing
Somebody make a banner with this picture:
Spoiler:
or this one:
Spoiler:
or this one:
Spoiler:
or this one:
Spoiler:
or this one:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post Thu May 23, 2013 4:37 pm by 7

Shaychu's Theme/Appearance/Layout InED1EUR1DWy3

with the fury of a thousand suns

Back to top Go down

Shay

Post Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 am by Shay

7, I crack up every time I see that banner appear.

Back to top Go down

indidoge

Post Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 pm by indidoge

for jokes/ 7

boop

Back to top Go down

Post Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 pm by 7

Oh yeah that's legit. It's also in rotation! It has the same rate as the retro banner due to the way I set up the rotation in the first place.

Shay was all like "don't use Sugimori art" and I was like "k" so I went on pixiv and looked for the funniest pictures I could find in ten minutes.

Back to top Go down

Shay

Post Fri May 24, 2013 5:29 pm by Shay

7 wrote:Oh yeah that's legit. It's also in rotation! It has the same rate as the retro banner due to the way I set up the rotation in the first place.

Shay was all like "don't use Sugimori art" and I was like "k" so I went on pixiv and looked for the funniest pictures I could find in ten minutes.
You might wanna change it to like 1% (SUPER RARE) cause I actually get it a lot and I feel like new members would be like WTF!?!
PS- love the magikarp banner

Back to top Go down

Post Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 pm by 7

I'm not sure how I can do that easily, but I did lower it to roughly 3%, I think.

Back to top Go down

Shay

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:52 pm by Shay

If anyone wants to see the old theme go here: http://www.shaychu.com/?change_temp=1

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum