Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8 Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8 Offshaychusmall

Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8 Empty Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8

Post by 7 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:34 pm

I thought I posted this already! Oh well, here we go.

(I'm just calling it that because 3DS+Wii U; there's no official name yet, or if there is it's Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U)

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Three official new characters:
Villager - the male villager from Animal Crossing: New Leaf (I don't know about the others because New Leaf is literally the only AnCr game I own); geared around being a collector, able to pick projectiles and throw them back later. He also has some really strong attacks and can grow a tree. Just throwing that out there. Also, an awesome Balloon Fight homage.
Mega Man - the Blue Bomber from the NES converted to 3D, looks reeeeally nice! Has a grand total of one punch with his fist, but also has his run-and-jump Mega Buster, the Rush Spring, and eight Robot Master copy powers. The only ones I can definitely remember are Metal Man, Crash Man, and Slash Man. Also confirmed for both Wii U and 3DS, unlike the other two who only have Wii U screenshots.
Wii Fit Trainer - the female trainer from Wii Fit. No, seriously. Although absolutely hilarious and ridiculous, she actually does fit pretty well in a game where you have cartoon characters punching each other with ridiculous moves. Her moves are entirely fitness-based like the actual Wii Fit game, and she's the only character with a revealed Final Smash.

Also: Mario Kart 8

https://youtu.be/NA6CAgv6p6g

It's Mario Kart 7 with motorcycles and loopy antigravity and "the best online multiplayer system of the series". I didn't really pay attention to this one because I didn't really care.

Last edited by 7 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9222
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros 3U / Mario Kart 8

Post by Ace Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

So many comments on the SSB3U (I'm using this name too)

According to my sources both versions of the game will have all the same characters, the screen shots probably focused more on the WiiU version because of the higher quality graphics of the game. Besides graphics the only difference that I've heard/read of is the stages.

The 3ds will have more stages based on games from their system, example being that one stage looked like Spirit Tracks and that is a game from the 3Ds. Also they clearly had a Nintendogs Stage.

While the WiiU will have the same thing except for games more on their console. I saw a Wii Fit based stage but haven't seen any other game based stages.... yet, besides a Megaman one anyways.

The Wii Fit Trainer is the most surprisingly character I'm sure to all, and she is the only new character with a confirmed smash. I'm pretty sure they showed Samus using the same one from SSBB but other than that it didn't show any others.

I was honestly surprised with Megaman due to him being from a third party, and I like that they went for the classing NES version of him. This gives me hope to other third party characters in the game later.

Villager I think was kinda expected since SSBB, Animal Crossing had it's own stage and with all the hype for New Leaf and it's popularity in general. I'm just going to guess his smash might have something to do with him being the mayor, I may be right or wrong. We'll find out later.

With Pitt's return he is more based on the new game of his Kid Icarus: Uprising, both look wise and new moves with some new weapons he has in that game.

Samus has received a makeover and is based on her look in Other M, whether she can go back into Zero Suit mode I hope so since she was more agile and introduced a new gaming aspect of switching modes whenever you used her smash.

Other classic characters may also get updates on new games of theirs from the last SSBB to now, I think Luigi will get some Luigi Mansion based things such as a vacuum or ghost based smash.

Also since this is supposed to be released sometime next year that gives them time to add in stuff from Pokemon X and Y, woohoo! Pokeballs and maybe new characters galore.

A lot of this is opinion based or confirmed, just saying don't believe EVERYTHING I typed just to be disappointed. This video is the main source, I may post others I've seen or if they appear along the way. I also might help make new topics for other games from E3.

Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8005
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Whoa when did the quick reply thing change? Looks nice. Wrong topic!

https://imgur.com/a/PqOZi is a gallery filled with Smash Bros. 3U stages; I found the gallery on Reddit. Fairly certain they're all confirmed. The Mega Man stage is going to be amazing because of the Yellow Demon teaser and the fact that they remade what I consider to be the greatest NES Mega Man song in the entire series: Dr. Wily's Castle.

For the record, Spirit Tracks was never a 3DS game. It was for DS. But anyway!

I don't know about this "Other M" thing; I've never played it but I've heard that Samus was a horrid wuss in the game. I'm not sure how this would translate to SSB3U, but I hope it really doesn't (aside from appearances).

I was really hoping SSB3U would have been done in time for the Wii U's launch, so there could be an amazing "killer app" for the system that isn't Bayonetta 2. The Wonderful 101 looked alright up until I actually saw the trailer, and now I don't want it.

If Noivern's Boomburst isn't implemented in the game I will be disappointed.

In regards to Samus's Final Smash, that's right, they did! I had entirely forgotten.

I have a feeling that Wii Fit Trainer is going to be amazing, like R.O.B. and Game and Watch before her. Or I could be entirely wrong. Who knows!
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Don't you think they will be replacing lucario?
Chrono
Chrono

Shaycoins : 6486
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Of course they will! They got rid of Mewtwo, after all.

I hope that Zoroark will be the new Lucario, but even if he's not, I'm sure whatever Lucario's replacement is will be amazing.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bibarel Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 pm

This makes me sad that I don't own a Wii U. or a 3DS. I really want to play the wii fit trainer :C
Bibarel
Bibarel
The Interactive Ranger
The Interactive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8159
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Get one! Even better, get both! It's about $550 for both the Wii U Deluxe and the 3DS, which is about $50 more than the Xbox One and about $50-$100 less than getting both the PS4 and PS Vita. It's a lot of money, plus (I'm guessing) about $120 for both games, but it'll totally be worth it, unless you're one of those diehard Melee fans who want the old-school physics and don't actually enjoy playing games for the hell of it unless you break down every single useless function and discard it when you want to.

Just remember the general prices, if you have to: 3DS standard is ~$170, 3DS XL is ~$200, Wii U Basic is ~$250, and Wii U Deluxe is ~$350. And yes, the Wii U does come with the Gamepad. It has to, you need it to set up the thing. Games for both systems are generally anywhere between $30 and $60.

Also, various prices for games you (read: I) might want: Pokemon X and Y are $40 each, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is about $35. Also, according to GameStop, Sonic Lost World is $50 on the Wii U and $40 on the 3DS. New Super Mario Bros. U, the full game, is $60, and New Super Luigi U is $30 standalone and $20 as a DLC. Just as a heads-up!

Wii Fit Trainer is most likely going to be a ridiculously fun character to play, just for the sheer absurdity of it, but she also looks like she's going to be a pretty well-balanced character.

omg lol I just noticed how much I sound like a sales associate. Do you think I could get a job working as one for Nintendo? lolol
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:39 pm

You could be, possibly maybe be the next Nintendo President O:

But anyways yeah I meant Ds but typed 3ds cause 3ds is on the brain

Also another thought that came to mind is Fire Emblem: Awakening. Ike might get replaced, they might keep Marth, or whatever they do i don't know.

And I have not played Other M but yeah I heard bad things about it, one of which is Samus is apparently pregnant? Wut

According to sources F-Zero is not getting any new games because they basically don't know what to do with the series. Captain Falcon may return but don't expect anything new

If Jigglypuff is now Fairy and if they do bring her back she may or may not have new moves *Shrugs*
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8005
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top