Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Offshaychusmall

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Empty PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region

Post by Ace Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:35 pm

(PSL is Project Shaychu League)

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region PokeMon_RMXP_Map_Maker_Tiles_by_DNZGames

First Project is a map of the region and here is some stuff we need to include

-8 Gym Towns
-League
-Landmarks
-Starter Town
-Other Cities besides the Gym ones
-Still debating on a Battle Frontier

Submit a map of your creation and the other members will vote on which one to use (Maybe put the name on the map as well if you came up with one, if not than we'll just think of a name for the Region) Map Editing Picture, some of the pixels might be a little short but that shouldn't a big problem if you can edit to make it look legit

I'll submit one later, Let the contest Begin!
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8005
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Empty Re: PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region

Post by HanoHano Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:46 pm

A simpler name for Color Ranges is "Palletes".

Ill work on one. :o
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 7997
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Empty Re: PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region

Post by Ace Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 am

Well I didn't make the map kit, some pixels are a bit off but you can fix it. I'm done with the base of mine, need to add the land and water areas, and more points of interest then what I already have right now

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Letope10

I present the Letope Region! Needing some more Details Later
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirrus Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:37 am

If we make this into a game, are there any game preferences to be hacked? The standard is Pokemon Firered, but G/S/C/R/S/E and Leafgreen can be hacked, as well. There aren't really enough tools to make a DS game out of this, unfortunately. If you wanna be really BA, Pokemon Red and Blue can be hacked, too.
Cirrus
Cirrus

Shaycoins : 6852
Registration date : 2008-12-06

http://pokerealm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah, we can't hack the 4th gen yet. Hacking Firered seems good to me, as it's what most people do, so it'll be easier to get help for it.
Mercury
Mercury

Shaycoins : 6592
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://sites.google.com/site/mercuryshuttle/Home

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:41 pm

All right so we're going Hack Firered Than? But does that mean we can't have animated Trainer Sprites/Vs Sprites/Other stuff?
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirrus Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Ace wrote:All right so we're going Hack Firered Than? But does that mean we can't have animated Trainer Sprites/Vs Sprites/Other stuff?

Changing sprites gets really complicated, but it can be done, although animation for them cannot be done. Most things like maps and Pokemon data and in-game events can be done pretty easily, though.
Cirrus
Cirrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 pm

So we need to make a FR/LG style map and not a HG/SS style map?
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirrus Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Ace wrote:So we need to make a FR/LG style map and not a HG/SS style map?

Well, yes. Theoretically, I can change the images that show on the map with a bit of luck, but a FR/LG map instead of a HGSS one shouldn't be a huge conversion.
Cirrus
Cirrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:46 pm

PSL Project One: Map/Name of the Region Frlg_m10

That is a ghetto map kit I made in like 3 minutes, the Kanto map is supposed to be an example of how to use the colors and and City, Point of Interest, and Both Combined.

I shall make another Letope map with this eventually
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top