Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Portal 2 Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Portal 2 Offshaychusmall

Portal 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portal 2 Empty Portal 2

Post by HanoHano Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Portal 2.

Background Information:
Spoiler:

Personally, I think Portal 2 is an amazing game. I'm currently on Chapter 4 5 6 (Out of 9), and the level design is outstanding. I can't tell which takes a greater mind, to play the game, or create the levels.

This game has MAJOR increased difficulty. I beat the original game no problem, but some levels in Chapter 3 left me confused for a while.

Wheatly is amazing. Jus' sayin.
GLaDOS is even more of a sarcastic bish now than in the original game.
The dialouge between Wheatly and GLaDOS is hilarious.
And the fact that this game isn't strictly PORTAL PORTAL PORTAL, and more of a storyline makes it such a good game. (:

"BECAUSE I'M A POTATO."
- GLaDOS

Discuss.
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 8009
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 Empty Re: Portal 2

Post by Chrono Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:48 pm

i didn't really like the first one, so im not to keen on getting the second :/
Chrono
Chrono

Shaycoins : 6498
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Qu4ckers♥ Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:56 am

You should get it. It's absolutely amazing. I haven't so much started on the SP campaign, because me and a friend at school were very excited for the co-op campaign. If you'd like Justin, I can play through the Co-op with you, as long as you've got it for either PS3 or PC. Xbox 360 doesn't have the cross-platform feature. Add me on steam @ ducky241 :]
♥Qu4ckers♥
♥Qu4ckers♥

Shaycoins : 6452
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 pm

♥Qu4ckers♥ wrote:either PS3 or PC.

TOLD YOU THERE WAS CROSS-PLATFORM CO-OP VARIANT.

And I have xbox.
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 8009
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Qu4ckers♥ Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
♥Qu4ckers♥
♥Qu4ckers♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am

wait so ps3 can connect to PC, and PC can connect to PS3... but neither can connect to XBOX...? if thats so, i think we all know which is the superior race...
Chrono
Chrono

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:03 am

PS3 connects through PC via Steam, which the Xbox 360 game doesn't have. Microsoft didn't allow Steam on their system. I'm not entirely sure if it affects PS3 achievements in any way...

And you're absolutely right, the 360 IS the superior console. If I were smarter I'd have gotten it for that but I'm getting it for PC.

No, I'm not playing it with anyone.

Soccerryle: If you had told me that Steam integrated itself with the PS3 version, I could've believed you. But no, you neglected to tell me that. Since it seemed too farfetched at the time, well, what did you expect? That, and it barely made any sense having a PS3 connect to a PC and not an Xbox 360 (which is made by the same company that makes PC software, mind you).

Now, actually regarding the game, the credits song is amazing and the character development is really pretty good. I'm thoroughly impressed. Doug Lombardi said, "Portal was a test, Portal 2 is a game," and I can't help but agree with him.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9234
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:35 pm

ok but microsoft makes xbox and servers but yet they never thought of merging the two to get an ultimate service that could destroy PS3 and Wii... seems a waist of a company for not using the resources it has..
Chrono
Chrono

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 pm

I've watched some gameplay videos with my brother xD it looks pretty cool. he said he was going to get it so i might play this later Razz
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8053
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Qu4ckers♥ Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:19 pm

The reason Microsoft doesn't want people connecting to other systems is because they don't want people switching over to other consoles. It's stupid, Microsoft is trying to control the entire market, and to do this, they have to seal off users from other consoles.

Why won't you be playing with anyone, Variant?
♥Qu4ckers♥
♥Qu4ckers♥

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 pm

EXCELLENT ENDING. I beat the game in two days which made me feel great, considering it took me a week to beat the first game the first time.

Without those frankenturrets I'd have been scared of turrets for the entire game because god DAMN those things freak me out. The frankenturrets actually made me feel sympathy towards them, and it was cute how they tried to headbutt me when they could move.

The game was very well-implemented and I enjoyed almost every aspect of it. I say "almost" because three of the puzzles frustrated me, and it didn't help that they were back-to-back.

I do want Steam on the 360, but at the same time I'd rather have it integrated instead of having to memorize yet another gamertag. Valve won't integrate gamertags, Microsoft won't integrate Steam, so yeah. I prefer my Live tag to my Steam ID because my Steam ID is so embarrassing...

NOW TO GET THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9234
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top