Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
"Giving Up the Gun" Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
"Giving Up the Gun" Offshaychusmall

"Giving Up the Gun"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Giving Up the Gun" Empty "Giving Up the Gun"

Post by Administrator Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:26 pm

It has been almost 3 years that I have been the main admin for this site. In which, I am very proud to say. Shaychu came from the bottom and flourished into a popular and friendly Pokemon site. Even though it was never as great as Marriland, Serebii, etc.. the warm and close feeling, almost 'family-like', of a small forum is priceless. And although it seems to be in a dying condition, it is still nonetheless just absolutely phenomenal. I would have never imagined it would turn out the way it is.
For one, I am sorry for turning my back on all of you. I have neglected this website when it needed me the most. I have not kept my promises of coming back, staying active on the site, and trying to improve it. And for that I sincerely apologize. But an another note, I would like to thank Ash for creating this forum and coming to me to lead it. It truly means a lot to me. I want to also thank Mac, or "Squirtle", for showing me the wonderful world of Pokemon forums. Thank you to everyone who has joined this website and contributed to it! A few among many would be: Mercury, Typhlosion, Cirrus, Kureseria, Shiny Mew, Spencer, 7, Soccerryle, Kass, Dragonartist713, Bibarel, Darkheart, Mew, seaa-swix, Chrono, Ace, NarutoHeartGold, BlitzerSephiroth, South, stevo_duh_hero, King Skorge, David, Noidicus, darkraivsrotom, rok27, Freak, and Weavile. (In no particular order) Thank you all so much for being a part of this, and if I had forgotten anyone I am sorry!
But now to my main point. My Pokemon journey is coming to an end. Many new things are happening in my life and I do not just have the time for this anymore. Things change and I have moved on. Life is long and with it, comes many new challenges and surprises. I will miss all of you and hopefully never forget the fun we all had. Not to sound corny or anything, but even though we were miles away I felt like we could connect on a deeper level. So if you are wondering, Yes I am giving up my position as head administrator and leaving the site. I have not decided who to give it up to yet, we might have the site vote, but it should regardless be discussed within the confines of the Staff Forums.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, it may not mean much to some of you, but it does to me. I hope everyone has meaningful and fulfilling lives! Good luck to all you! I will come back to visit and possibly battle every once in a while.... but for now, good bye!

Last edited by SKYxShaymin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Administrator
Administrator
God Mode

Shaycoins : 7919
Registration date : 2008-11-30

http://www.shaychu.com

Back to top Go down

"Giving Up the Gun" Empty Re: "Giving Up the Gun"

Post by ♥Qu4ckers♥ Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:30 am

pff mention skorge but not me will you

Peace out Shaymin. I think it might be time for most of the members to migrate somewhere, meet new people. I can't really see this forum ever coming back. Sorry, guys.

I figured I might as well add a bit more. Anyways, I'm glad you guys were around. You introduced me to internet forums. On Kingdra, there were some bumpy spots when I first joined, but if you want to know, that was my very first pokemon forum. Crazy stuff, right? It's got to have been 2, maybe even 3 years I've been riding along with you guys, and I've loved almost all of it. Thank you.
♥Qu4ckers♥
♥Qu4ckers♥

Shaycoins : 6441
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey2 Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 am

Kindof an expected comment for a while...maybe it can help this site return to it's former glory. Still a little sad it has finally come.

I don't think "Squirtle"(and his forum *not saying the name so I break no rules*) really deserves any credit for his union of Jackson and the forum world. At best he what...got together Jackson, Nikki, and Ash and showed them forumotion? Didn't really help out this site all that much.

An interesting idea for the new "head admin" might be an election. HOWEVER, to keep it a democracy have a new "leader" voted upon every year or something like that. As for nominations for the one in charge, make it something where people can nominate themselfs(so I don't nominate someone who really doesn't want to run the joint) and have the members vote for who they think is best(you'd just need a way to monitor IPs, a random boost in new members and votes for a single person, or something like that). If you vote down this idea and would like my opinion(don't see why you would...but I'll offer it) on who should take over the site...feel free to ask me(PM is ideal).

As for ♥️Qu4ckers♥️ idea of just having everyone leave and virtually "shutting down" the site. I feel that idea is bananas(had to eventually get a monkey based joke in there Wink). There seems to be enough of the former site's members to renew the site's interest. Just need a new more new kids to come along and the site can be back in business.

My final note will be for Jackson. As much as we argued, got into our banning fits, and all that jizz, I always knew you and I had some type of friendship(sounds like a pretty shitty friendship). If you still chat with Nikki, feel free to send her a message for me and I'll get back to you when I have a chance.

Monkey
Monkey2
Monkey2

Shaycoins : 4909
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm...

For once, I'm not entirely sure what to say, so I'll just leave this message at a "thank you for everything".

Yes, Variant is actually at a loss for words, it's very impressive, blah blah blah. Good luck with whatever you're doing next, man.

(As an aside, I actually read this days ago, but I was even more completely at a loss for words so WHATEVER.)
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9223
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snivy Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:46 pm

I remember when shay just started. The omega 4 admins: Shaymin, Ash, Squirtle and Typhlosion. I wish my Typhlosion account was still accesable lol. I love you all and maybe one day we can revieve this site to its amazing glory once again! Pokefans for life <3 !!
Snivy
Snivy

Shaycoins : 4871
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥Qu4ckers♥ Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Monkey wrote:Kindof an expected comment for a while...maybe it can help this site return to it's former glory. Still a little sad it has finally come.
As for ♥Qu4ckers♥ idea of just having everyone leave and virtually "shutting down" the site.

I would rather see the members meeting new people and finding new reasons to get active again instead of passively checking the forums every few days but not seeing anything new or interesting to reply to. I didn't mean everybody leave and just go do whatever, I meant everybody join a new forum.
♥Qu4ckers♥
♥Qu4ckers♥

Shaycoins : 6441
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey2 Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 am

So did this idea die off or something?
Monkey2
Monkey2

Shaycoins : 4909
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 pm

lol.. i kinda don't know what to say either xD all i can think of is.. well, really sparratic xD

first of all, good luck with whatever you're doing nowadays.. that goes for everyone here on the forum Smile i hope you're all having fun and such

second.. i kinda agree about the forum being dead, sorry D: i mean, i see people logging in on like.. a weekly basis (or more often for those who are more dedicated xD like shveven and espi) but i cant see it coming.. fully back to life.. or the way it used to be.

DESPITE MY SAD TALK when i reminisce on the times we spent in the past, it makes me really happy :3 im glad i joined the forum, and yeah.. i agree that i feel alot of us became pretty close. shaychu has kinda been a place where we could fully be ourselves: silly, seriousfaces, roleplayers.. and pokemon fans :3 this was honestly the place i wanted to be like.. every day after school in the past 3 ish years? i think xD so yeah, thanks peeps! you made my life fun xD

okay.. i think that's it Razz ill be around every once in a while.. making random posts xD but im seriously working on my art skillz these days so.. if i REALLY need to be contacted, ill be on the deviantartz Wink pooppie

have fun in whatever you guys all feel like doing from now on Very Happy see yuh around Razz
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8042
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Nice comments everyone. I would like to respond to each of them individually, but at the moment I have to study.
Anyway, the reason I am posting this is because I would like to cordially inform you all of an event. Before I leave I want to host another tournament, a Black and White tournament, in which I will also be competing in. Sort of like a reunion, if you will. I hope that most of the active members in the past will compete! Further information will be available shortly.
Administrator
Administrator
God Mode

Shaycoins : 7919
Registration date : 2008-11-30

http://www.shaychu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Fri May 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Rereading this almost brought a tear to my eye Sad Sad
Shay
Shay