Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
My Opinion Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
My Opinion Offshaychusmall

My Opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Opinion Empty My Opinion

Post by HanoHano Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Now whilst my opinion is paper-thin, and I have absolutely no authority or anything, this is just me.

While I realize that I probably haven't logged onto this site in well over a year, and it seems that a lot of people followed suit, I still can't bring myself to think that Shaychu is truly over. With the summer coming up, I think that with our combined efforts, we could bring re-group the Shaychu community, and continue to expand it.

A lot of people left over grudges and arguments, which I believe is the reason I left, but honestly I don't remember a week ago, let alone whatever happened then. I feel like this was the case with a lot of our people who left. With some extreme clean-up efforts, and the proper advertising, we could have a thriving community in a matter of weeks.

Basically this topic is just to see who's interested in helping us revive Shaychu? It doesn't deserve to die, and it shouldn't have to.

--

As far as to Jack, I'm in no ways asking for like a mod/admin thing, because.... honestly, what am I going to do with it? Just felt like adding that for any clarification purposes. I'm just interested in reviving the site. So yeah.
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 7998
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

My Opinion Empty Re: My Opinion

Post by 7 Sun May 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Let's review your post backwards.

Considering there's a trifecta of headmins now, you don't have to worry about getting a mod position, since I'll probably never give you that. Mostly since I'm a jerk, but also because we'd probably be discussing where to have our marriage take place, which would be a terrible thing to talk about on a Pokemon-based site.

I'm all for a revival. Just don't expect me to do very much if it gets hyperactive again. I dislike activity, it scares me and then I cry. Tears and keyboards don't mix too well.

The problem with advertising, for me, is I'm way too shy to advertise proficiently. I'll usually slip in subtle clues in my discussions but I try not to say OHAI DIS IS A SIET AND U SHULD JOIN IT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOL at random. Also that usually gets people banned.

I'm actually planning on revamping literally everything there is to do with the Pokemon-related subsections of the forum, but I meant to do it like last month and I still don't have a very coherent plan formulated yet. I'm going to probably also change around the theme, so we have multiple themes to change around. With the new Javascript platform I have access to, anything is possible!

I assumed you left because you had to do school-related activities. Grudges are silly and also that is a terrible move.

I've never believed Shaychu has ever been over. Then again, I'm stubborn as all heck.

By the way, your opinion is valuable. Everybody's is. Well, everybody's except mine, since I'm an idiot.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9223
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Just a numbered list of responses.

1) I was just stating it, as I didn't want anyone to misinterpret it and that turn into another little side-thing.

2) Forumotion forums will never become "hyperactive". I'm assuming you're using the word loosely.

3) There are more ways to advertise than to invade other communities.

4) Looking back on my choice of words twenty minutes ago... getting people who left over grudges probably isn't the best course of action to take. I love how my brain processes the things I say like an hour later.

5) You're not an idiot. You're the lucky 7! Now if only we could clone you...
HanoHano
HanoHano

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Tue May 22, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm using the term from my own personal dictionary, which is apparently much more lenient than your dictionary.

I don't know any other ways of advertising which is pretty much the reason I'm so bad at advertising.

And no I'm pretty much the most asinine of idiots.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:27 am

Now that's schools out for me, I can actually put forth my efforts of rebuilding. Anyone have any major ideas that could help boost the site's activity, other than just general advertising?
HanoHano
HanoHano

Back to top Go down

Post by BlitzerSephiroth Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 pm

I can start helping some since i have settled some more here after the move. I wish i had my desktop with me since it would make things easier to make videos, ads, and all the other stuff. Hopefully soon i'll be able to move the rest of my electronics and hard drives where i am. I'm all for keeping this forum up and running.
BlitzerSephiroth
BlitzerSephiroth

Shaycoins : 5762
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.youtube.com/blitzersephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 am

Good to see there are still people willing to do stuff for the site!

Advertisements are welcome but I wouldn't limit it to just that. In terms of what should be done, I'll be working on some behind-the-scenes stuff when I get off my lazy metaphorical butt and do that, as well as the League-wiping thing I still haven't gotten around to. While I'm doing that (and maybe others can help me), it would be fantastic if some members could bring new ones in somehow.

It does matter to me how new members are brought in, since I definitely don't want to have people think of this site as a mediocre newbie site, so don't be annoying as heck spamming "HELLO JOIN www.shaychu.com TODAY BECAUSE IT'S COOL AND WE BATTLE AND STUFF" over and over again. That's terrible and I'll probably cry deeply.

Also don't make spambots do that. That's also bad and is probably illegal somewhere. Instead, make your spambots link to Chinese or Russian sites. I suggest yandex.

I'll make a thread in a few days regarding what Shaychu thinks should be added, since this is not the right thread for that. Pokerealm stopped doing NFE so I was considering picking it up here, and the contests thing is something we can improve on since that seems to be unique.

edit: It would be fantastic if somebody could compile a list of previous Shaychu awards and contests for them, since I didn't participate in a lot of them and I seem to have forgotten quite a few. I'll also try to revamp the awards since a lot of them look terrible.

Current award zone index: http://www.shaychu.com/t1028-award-zone-index

edit2: lol i sound like i'm important
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron305 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 am

Here are really nice opinions. I am totally agree with you all. It is really appreciable. I would like thanks to you for your this kindness. Honestly speaking, I have no idea about that or you can say i have no any opinion. Smile

Cameron305

Shaycoins : 4094
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum