Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Music Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Music Offshaychusmall

Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music Empty Music

Post by Shay Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:38 am

I have always been really into music. I started taking piano lessons at the age of 5 but stopped when I moved to Texas at the age of about 12 (I used to live in New Jersey). When I made new friends, they introduced me to a bunch of new music which motivated me to start taking guitar lessons. Towards the end of middle school and throughout high school, I started writing my own music, however, it wasn't very good. This year as a senior I am taking the class AP Music Theory which has really opened my mind up to how music works. I also started to learn jazz and classical styles on my guitar. I auditioned for Berklee College of Music for Song Writing and University of North Texas' School of Music for Jazz Guitar. My tastes in music have really evolved and I just wish everyone was as passionate about music as I am. Even if you're not, everyone can still enjoy music so post your favorite songs, bands, artists, music videos or even anything about music you want to in this thread! (If you post videos please put them in a spoiler)

Here are some songs I like:
"Ready Able" by Grizzly Bear
Spoiler:

"Sun Hands" By Local Natives
Spoiler:

"Knives Out" by Radiohead
Spoiler:

"Brother Sport" by Animal Collective
Spoiler:

"World Sick" by Broken Social Scene
Spoiler:

"Ragged Wood" by Fleet Foxes
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shay on Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Shaycoins : 6562
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Music Empty Re: Music

Post by 7 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:29 pm

I like pretty much every type of music but I don't like a few artists in pretty much each genre. I'd make a list but holy heck am I lazy. Maybe I'll just put a link to a Grooveshark playlist I made, whatever.

Ke$ha will always be my guilty pleasure though.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9223

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Did you listen to any of the songs I posted?
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 am

haha nope

i'm on a crappy computer so i haven't been able to
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron305 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:41 am

There are too many songs which is listened by me. And its really difficult to write a single name. Nowadays i love to play Heart Attack. I also like to listen Justin Bieber and also love to play lady gaga.

Cameron305

Shaycoins : 4094
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Wed May 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Where to being with music? I started playing the Piano when I was about 5, haven't stopped since, I enjoy it so much (particularly ragtime at the moment). Then when I was about 9 I picked up the Clarinet I swapped that out for the Saxophone about 3 years, and I haven't looked back since, hopefully I'll be able to take my performance diploma on the sax some time soon. So yeah, with any luck I'll be heading off to university to study music in two years or so, and if I do really well in my IB I may be able to get into a course at Manchester University that's joint with the Royal Northern College of Music, which is somewhat prestigious, and would be just everything I imagine I could want. Except it's in Manchester, but that's not really the point haha
Obviously Jazz is up there in my music taste, I enjoy a lot of 'oldies', Beatles, Abba, Queen, The Police, loads of other stuff I can't be bothered to name. Though as 90s kid I have my fair share of recent stuff I enjoy. And for some reason I kinda enjoy some techno/trance music (not dubstep though).

As for stuff you should listen to:

"Angels" Robbie Williams
Spoiler:

"Take Five" Dave Brubeck
Spoiler:

"Sandstorm" Darude
Spoiler:

"Bethena - A Concert Waltz" Scott Joplin
Spoiler:

"Maple Leaf Rag" Scott Joplin (this is just an awesome version of it rather the original)
Spoiler:
Mercury
Mercury

Shaycoins : 6593
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://sites.google.com/site/mercuryshuttle/Home

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

mmm

Music... is just such an important part of my life. It seems that'd the same for a lot of people but yeah... here's my experience with music:

So, according to my mom, I sang before I even spoke normal sentences. So that's a thing. Ever since I've known, I've loved to sing. Because of my stubbornness, I never wanted to take piano lessons (which I really regret nowadays) and never liked the idea of theory for anything, especially music. I took a vocals class in grade 9 and started with music theory and take a vocals class now, in my senior year. I have tried guitar, to no avail, and violin, which I can play now but do not own- I will buy one one day when I have the money and time xD I have a thing about singing or playing any music when my family or anyone can hear me so that deters me from ever practicing...

Music taste wise, the first music I ever remember listening to and singing was The Verve. I used to sing that song 'lucky man' when I was TINY. I always heard classic rock around since that's what my parents liked - like Rush, Led Zeppelin.. U2 was a fovourite of my moms.. Coldplay (who I still listen to religiously to this day) and so on and so fourth. When I was in the younger grades of elementary school I distinctly remember my love for the old Maroon 5 album (Songs about Jane) ... twas and still is awesome. There's more of a rock flavor... Anyways, I had a bit of that 'top 40' phase from about grade 4-6. All black eyed peas and popular music on the radio. Though oddly enough, I was still listening to bands my brother was into at the time like Billy Talent and Three Days Grace. At the end of grade 6 I was introduced to My Chemical Romance and entered the more 'punk alternative' phase. By grade 9 I was listening to more 'screamo' music, influenced by my group of friends at the time. Until more recently, I would listen to more of this 'post-hardcore/ metalcore' music. Recently, I still listen and appreciate that music genre, but I listen to a lot of alternative/ punk/ indie sounding music. oh and some of the new Maroon 5 and some Kanye West are my guilty pleasure music :\

Here are some examples of the variety of music I listen to often AT THIS MOMENT.
And as far as sound goes, I've always had an absolute LOVE with songs that have.. layers. I know all songs have layers, but you'll know what I mean if you end up listening to any of these songs...

Periphery- Froggin' Bullfish (warning, some screamo xD) & Periphery- Masamune
Spoiler:

Muse- United States of Eurasia & Ruled by Secrecy
Spoiler:

August Burns Red- Mariana's Trench & Internal Cannon
Spoiler:

You guys do not understand... how difficult this is.

Multiple songs that I love that I will not title but... here
Spoiler:

phew.. that's it.
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8042
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Mercury wrote:Where to being with music? I started playing the Piano when I was about 5, haven't stopped since, I enjoy it so much (particularly ragtime at the moment). Then when I was about 9 I picked up the Clarinet I swapped that out for the Saxophone about 3 years, and I haven't looked back since, hopefully I'll be able to take my performance diploma on the sax some time soon. So yeah, with any luck I'll be heading off to university to study music in two years or so, and if I do really well in my IB I may be able to get into a course at Manchester University that's joint with the Royal Northern College of Music, which is somewhat prestigious, and would be just everything I imagine I could want. Except it's in Manchester, but that's not really the point haha
Obviously Jazz is up there in my music taste, I enjoy a lot of 'oldies', Beatles, Abba, Queen, The Police, loads of other stuff I can't be bothered to name. Though as 90s kid I have my fair share of recent stuff I enjoy. And for some reason I kinda enjoy some techno/trance music (not dubstep though).
Wow Mercury, I never knew. I have a new found respect for you. That's awesome that you're going to music school.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonartist713 Thu May 23, 2013 12:57 pm

alrighty, ill put my paw in here too.

my experience with music begins when i was little, back when i insisted on listening to a tape of kids music every time i got in the car to go somewhere. my dad also had a tape of Ray Stevens music (silly stuff like Ned Nostril) which i would sing along to, despite not knowing most of the words.
when i was 7, i was started on piano lessons which i continued until i was 15. i still remember all my major scales and chords, some minor scales and chords, and i have most of The Entertainer memorized.
i went a long time without much for favorite songs or artists, preferring mostly classical or whatever my mom played on her stereo (usually Seal or Acoustic Alchemy)
middle and high school i played in the band as a clarinet, and sang tenor/alto in choir for all four years. i tended to like the more unusual pieces, songs with strange or playful melodies to the more seriously toned ones. they were more fun to play and easier to remember and sing in harmony. i was also big into the musical Cats around this time, adding the Phantom of the Opera as high school drew to a close.
currently, my taste in music is a mix but i tend to like the techno and electric genre. anything with a strong back beat and interesting sound. i do still enjoy classical music, however. especially when im studying or needing to work on something else, its a nice backdrop and much preferred over the quiet. while im not as passionate about music as most of you seem to be, i do still enjoy it.

Missisippi Squirrel Revival - Ray Stevens (He Thinks He's Ray Stevens 1984)
Spoiler:

The Entertainer - Scott Joplin (1902)
Spoiler:

Kiss from a Rose - Seal
Spoiler:

Airship Pirates - Abney Park
Spoiler:

Tigerlilly - La Roux
Spoiler:

Dream of Tears - DJ Contacreast
Spoiler:

In Sepia
Spoiler:

Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Spoiler:
Dragonartist713
Dragonartist713
The Intelligent Warden
The Intelligent Warden

Shaycoins : 8839
Registration date : 2009-01-05

http://darklair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 pm

WHY KESHA ESPY!?!?!?
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonartist713 Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 pm

select of her songs, mostly for the background beat. her voice and lyrics arent all that great.
Dragonartist713
Dragonartist713
The Intelligent Warden
The Intelligent Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 pm

DID I HEAR KE$HA?!

The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonartist713 Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm

owl city is also awesome
Dragonartist713
Dragonartist713
The Intelligent Warden
The Intelligent Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Thu May 30, 2013 1:47 am

Spoiler:
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Thu May 30, 2013 10:34 am

One is surprised that nirvana hasn't been spammed, people like to talk about kurt cobain and smells like teen spirit when it comes to music to pretend like they know something lol...

ngl, I've gotten into some 70/80 rock so meetloaf, meetloaf everywhere. Guns and roses, twisted sisters, ect.

Old killers and maroon 5, althought new stuff isn't as bad as everyone says. Muse is always sexy. Tonight alive.....awesome.

Also classical music has been badass Vivaldi has been an absolute babe on my iPod.

Merc where dem steps/1D/jls/union J at? Sow some proud British culture m8
Chrono
Chrono

Shaycoins : 6487
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:42 am

Perhaps that says we actually know something about music then?
Yeah, Maroon 5 aren't as bad as people say, but I still prefer their older stuff.
Sorry, completely forgot about steps :o however the tohers are rubbish, and I have no idea who Union J is. Or possibly are. And also on my list were Queen and The Beatles, both very british bands, and actually part of the culture unlike the ones you said.
Mercury
Mercury

Shaycoins : 6593
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://sites.google.com/site/mercuryshuttle/Home

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I enjoy Miles Davis, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bob Dylan, John Mayer, The Beach Boys, The Doors, Matt & Kim, Vampire Weekend, Deer Tick, Nick Drake, Belle & Sebastian, The Antlers, The Decemberists, Mac DeMarco, Gary Clark Jr., The Shins, Sufjan Stevens, King Sunny Ade, Surfer Blood, Pink Floyd, the Grateful Dead, the list goes on....

I also like classical composers like Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Claude Debussy, Fernando Sor, Mauro Giuliani, Vivaldi, and Beethoven.

Chrono wrote:One is surprised that nirvana hasn't been spammed, people like to talk about kurt cobain and smells like teen spirit when it comes to music to pretend like they know something lol...
I've never really gotten all the hype about Nirvana. Though, there was a point in time where I was into them and listened to them in Middle School. Maybe it's because they were one of the greatest grunge bands and Kurt killed himself. I mean, Kurt died the year I was born (1994), so I never got to experience the band in its own time, but other people born around that time seem to love and obsess over Nirvana. I can understand if you grew up with Nirvana but if you didn't, don't pretend like they are gods. My cousin who is about 30 said she was on a school field trip when Kurt shot himself. She told me that when they heard the news they stopped the bus and kids got out, fell to the ground, and started crying.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Shay-Z wrote:...when they heard the news they stopped the bus and kids got out, fell to the ground, and started crying.

lolnoobs

I like Nirvana but personally I prefer Foo Fighters and Them Crooked Vultures. Neither of those two are grunge bands, really, but all three bands have Dave Grohl in them so whatever. On that note, Tenacious D.

From Them Crooked Vultures you can then find out what other bands I like, since the singer and guitarist is the guy from Queens of the Stone Age, the drummer is the guy from Nirvana, and the bassist is the guy from Led Zeppelin, and I like all those bands.

Truth be told, I really do like all kinds of music, just at different times of the day. I mean, there's quite a fair bit of bands and songs I don't like, but I don't particularly dislike any one kind of genre; at one time I'll be listening to power metal and immediately after I'll be listening to someone playing Carol of the Bells on an ocarina or something. What I want to listen to really depends on the circumstances and my surroundings. Also, as I've already mentioned, I really love Ke$ha music for some weird reason, so my tastes are eclectic. I'm also probably the only person to have actually enjoyed listening to the entire Metal Machine Music album by Lou Reed.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top