Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Anime TV Shows Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Anime TV Shows Offshaychusmall

Anime TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime TV Shows Empty Anime TV Shows

Post by Shay Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:59 am

This is similar to my other thread about Anime Movies. Anybody got any good anime TV show suggestions? I want to watch more anime lol.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Shaycoins : 6559
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Anime TV Shows Empty Re: Anime TV Shows

Post by indidoge Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Well....

I'll go ahead and suggest some off the top of my head. It really depends on what genre? I'm gonna assume shounen/ fantasy/ action/ adventure/ sports(?) stuff is what you're looking for/ would be interested in :0 I don't have too too many suggestions though... i think..

'Naruto'&'Naruto Shippuden' (cus why not? only if you're willing to watch a heck of a lot of episodes... and beware the filler/ flashback episodes. If you looked for a guide on filler episodes, you could totally skip them)

(I guess, if you wanted to, you could go for any of the big three? I tried 'Bleach' but only got like 50 eps in a gave up. A friend of mine watches 'One Piece' and really enjoys it soooo)

There's this series I watched last fall called 'Zankyou no Terror' AKA 'Terror in Resonance' which was pretty cool and I really enjoyed the soundtrack(I own it and listen to it frequently). Kind of existential? Keeps you on the edge of your seat? Mind games? Good animation? And 11 episodes total, so a quick watch

The hype would suggest that 'Attack on Titan' is good. I would agree. It's worth the watch. Creepy and action packed. 25 or so eps I think

I really enjoyed 'Ao no Exorcist' AKA 'Blue Exorcist' it's about a kid who finds out he's the son of satan and he goes to a boarding school of sorts that trains demon exorcists in secret. He wants to become one so he can kill satan. It's a funny, action filled anime. Good art/ characters. I've watched it more than once tbh. It's either 12.. or 25 eps. I'm leaning towards 20 something though

Small mention for 'Digimon' Razz I'm going to assume you've probably watched digimon already maybe as a kid BUT THE NEW DIGIMON SERIES IS COMING OUT THIS MONTH FT. ALL THE ORIGINAL DIGI DESTINED!!! I'm currently re-watching the whole original series xD

Sports Anime maybe? I've heard good things about 'Diamond no Ace', 'Kuroko no Basuke' and 'Yowamushi Pedal' I tried the last two there but couldn't actually get into them.. HOWEVER I did watch/ read most of 'Haikyuu!' (volleyball) and I didn't know what to expect at first cus im not a sports person but it was surprisingly enjoyable. Worth the watch if you wanna try it out.

Shout out for non anime shows you should watch if you haven't~

AVATAR the last airbender/ the legend of korra BECAUSE I can't not suggest it. Even if you may have watched it. In case you haven't and don't know, this is my fav show of all time. there will never be a day I do not push more ppl to watch it.

GRAVITY FALLS because I love this show too. I love it so much it hurts.

I'm currently trying to watch all of 'Regular Show' for jokes because it's kinda funny but Digimon is distracting me from that goal

I still need to catch up on Adventure Time...

and yeah sorry im done now
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8039
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:38 pm

I haven't watched anime in a while. Let's see what I can pull out of my head.

Carried over from my movie list:

• Dragon Ball Z
  • Naruto / Naruto Shippuden / that new part that isn't quite out yet
  • Bleach until the end of the Aizen arc
  • One Piece (but, uh, if it's a dubbed version try to watch the FUNIMATION one...and avoid the 4Kids one at all costs)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica / Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
  • Cyborg 009

Unassorted list of anime shows (I'm going to try not to reference Alex's list in this)

• Kino's Journey (Kino no Tabi) - nothing like the books, but my favorite anime of all time
  • Sketchbook ~full Color's~
  • Hidamari Sketch
  • K-ON!
  • So Ra No Wo To
  • Saint Young Men (not technically a TV show, but...)
  • Clannad + Clannad: After Story
  • Nichijou
  • Spice and Wolf / Wolf and Spice

All of the above are considered "slice of life" i.e. not much focus in action and more focus on the day-to-day character development.
    Not many of my friends like that, so let's try a different tack:

• Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Kill La Kill
  • Persona 4 The Animation
  • Ragnarok The Animation
  • Sekirei
  • Kuroko's Basketball (Kuroko no Basuke) - my brother watched it, surprisingly good watch
  • Prince of Tennis - another brother watched it, surprisingly good watch
  • Eureka Seven
  • Code Geass
  • Elfen Lied
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
  • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
  • Cromartie High School
  • Lucky Star
  • Ouran High School Host Club which doesn't really fit into anything else here

Anime I haven't watched but kind of want to and/or I've heard good things about them

• Tiger and Bunny
  • Shadow Star (Narutaru)
  • Minami-ke
  • RWBY even though it's not Japanese
  • Panty and Stocking even though it doesn't look Japanese
  • Durarara!!
  • Sword Art Online
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation
  • Kantai Collection
  • Free!! (a.k.a. that swimming anime with hot guys)
  • Nyaruko: Crawling with Chaos (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Gundam probably (I've never been able to get into Gundam)

Non-anime TV shows

• wait I don't watch TV
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9220

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 pm

I've seen some of those ones 7 suggested- namely kill la kill(was surprisingly hilarious and enjoyable and slightly deep?), RWBY (it was interesting- i havent finished it), Free! (I watched the first season. it was good but i got a little tired of all their friendship this friendship that blah blah), Sword Art Online (first half of the first season was awesome, then i feel it kinda went downhill. I havent watched the 2nd one at all) .. thats all as far as your list goes.

Also, 7. I don't watch actual TV either because the internet exists BUT if /just in case/ you haven't watched those american tv shows I mentioned please do your life a favor and watch them. I think you may have watched avatar? idk? i dont remember any of our past conversations/ whether or not you've mentioned if you've watched it or not xD
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:53 am

I don't actually watch anything anymore -- I lost the patience for watching shows about two years ago, sadly including anime -- but I did watch the first Avatar: The Last Airbender as a marathon. I don't remember anything about it except the ending and that desert part where Sokka gets drunk off of cactus juice. Everything else is kind of a blank. I also watched the first episode of Korra's quest or whatever it's called, and I remember that I had absolutely no idea what was going on. So that was nice.

I only watched Kill La Kill because my friend was convincing me to watch it. Like Attack on Titan and My Little Pony, I didn't really care for it but at least I know what my friends are talking about now. Also I was able to get the right gifts for the right people when I went to Japan so that was nice I guess

Of your short list, I'm already kind of interested in Gravity Falls -- mostly because I like the staff working on the show (Matt Chapman oh my god) and whatever the hell Bill Cipher is seems hilarious -- and I've watched maybe two episodes of Adventure Time and I didn't like them. I did, however, like the episode with Marceline and the Ice King. I don't know if they made any episodes regarding that plot line recently, but that song. THAT SONG. I also watched the gender-bender episode because I like gender-bender stuff please don't judge me

I really like their darker plot threads and the nuclear backstory but I just cannot stand the actual show itself. (So it's kind of like My Little Pony in that regard.) This seems to be a recurring trend in shows today, not that I'm complaining. I like to watch dark kid's shows and mindscrews, which is probably why Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is the greatest thing I've ever watched (but it's not a TV show so let's stop talking about it now)

There are a lot of anime TV shows I didn't like, so I didn't include them on the list, but there are anime that I probably should have added because other people like them. So:

• Inuyasha
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Trigun
  • Pretty much anything else that was on Toonami a few years ago
  • Space Battleship Yamato 2033 or something like that??
  • Shaman King
  • YuYu Hakusho
  • Darker Than Black, which I actually liked, I just forgot about it in the list
  • Detective Conan
  • Death Note
  • Rurouni Kenshin, again which I liked, but I didn't like it enough to watch all the way through

Yeah that's good enough I'll add more to my first list later when I remember them.

edit: HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST?! I didn't like the 2003 series but I loved Brotherhood because I loved the manga.

Last edited by 7 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9220

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:16 pm

OMG how did i forget FMA as well??? I tried watching the 2003 FMA one that wasn't totally canon then I gave up but then I watched Brotherhood and UGH OMG idk how i forgot to mention it either. I FRIGGIN LOVE FMA:B. I want to re-watch it so bad but I don't think I can deal with all the feels again ;_;

AND YES yes go watch Gravity Falls. Bill Cipher is great, but doesn't actually show up as often as I'd like but when he does it's a real treat. And the writing is fantastic btw. The show in general is awesome

Nice to hear you at least watched all of A:TLA - I personally prefer it over The Legend of Korra because it just holds a very special place in my heart
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:12 pm

So far I have watched 4 episodes of Sword Art Online, 1 episode of Gurren Lagann, and 1 episode of Soul Eater (all on Netflix).

When I was a kid I watched plenty of Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Duel Masters, Medabots, Dragon Ball Z, and B-Daman.  I also watched a little bit of Inuyasha, Shaman King, Zoids, Bakugan, and some others that I can't recall right now...

I've heard good things about Samarai Champloo, Deathnote, and Prince of Tennis.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 am

FMA: Brotherhood is on netflix!! Go watch it now! Just don't watch the one called just 'Full Metal Alchemist'. It MUST be Brotherhood. They have both on there and a movie I think

edit- also, Blue Exorcist is on there too :> heh
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:35 pm

I've watched a few episodes of Attack on Titan, some intense sh*t.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bibarel Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 pm

Breaking the rules to post my anime list :^)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Quandrie
Bibarel
Bibarel
The Interactive Ranger
The Interactive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8157
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky653 Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:15 pm

QUANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Sparky653
Sparky653

Shaycoins : 6208
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Fri May 20, 2016 3:09 am

Bibarel wrote:Breaking the rules to post my anime list :^)

That list is insanely long, have you actually watched all of those?!
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bibarel Sat May 21, 2016 12:00 am

Shay wrote:
Bibarel wrote:Breaking the rules to post my anime list :^)

That list is insanely long, have you actually watched all of those?!

I have indeed. Back in like 9th/10th grade i would finish a series every weekend. #NoLife
Bibarel
Bibarel
The Interactive Ranger
The Interactive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8157
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top