Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post Offshaychusmall

Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post Empty Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post

Post by Shay Fri May 20, 2016 3:16 am

Hello everyone, "Shay" here...

I just wanted to say that I'm so proud of what this forum is and what it used to be.  "Ash" and I created this website about 8 years ago, and now I'm 21 and about to be a senior in college... after typing that out I really can't believe it.  It's also crazy to think that there are 755 registered users on this website (even though most are probably spam, bots, inactive etc.), that's still a lot to me!  I know that there are way more Pokemon forums and websites out there with much larger communities, but I always seemed to gravitate towards the smaller ones.  I really enjoyed getting to know the members of this place through the forums and the chat box.  It was eye-opening to find so many other people my age, as well as younger and older, to have an equal or greater interest in Pokemon.  I want to thank all of the members, administrators, and moderators who made this site what it was.  It was a place for people all over the world who share a common interest to communicate, create, and have fun!  

In the past few years I would look back and reminisce on the Shaychu days.  I used to regret spending so much time on Shaychu and Pokemon in general, I used to think it was a "waste" of time.  I spent a lot of my mid-teens on this website and others as well.  But now I don't really regret it.   I learned a lot, made connections with like-minded people, and had a lot of fun.  This forum made me forget about the real world and just let me emerge into a whole separate universe.  It was almost like bringing Pokemon to life, as if the Pokemon world was the real world.  I feel a little ridiculous and corny typing this out to be honest, but I just want to share my thoughts.  I have always loved Pokemon from an early age and I believe I always will, I'm so stoked for the new games to come out!  

I think this site is representative of my youth and creativity.  Even though I am 21, I still feel like a kid.  Lately I have been focusing all of my creative energy into music; I would love to share my work with all of you but I don't think it's quite ready yet .  Actually I have to thank "Ducky" (not sure of his current username?) for showing me FL Studio way back when I was a freshman in High School... that first got me into music production.  I had played piano since I was 6 and guitar since I was 12, but making music with a computer was something new to me as well as something that I had always wanted to do.  Now I use Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and Cubase to produce music with.  I have also taken many music classes and formed a band with my roommates (who all happen to be film majors).  All that's great, but college has really got me down.  I'm just not happy and have been depressed for a long time (way before college actually, but school is making it so much worse).  I just finished this semester and I hope things will get better soon haha...  Sorry to end on that negative note lol, I kinda went on some tangents...

Anyway, post what you're currently doing with your life as well as memories of Shaychu (or anything else for that matter) here!  

PS-If ANYONE ever wants to talk I'm here!  You can send me a private message anytime!  I would love to catch up with everyone!

EDIT: Pokemon GO is my life right now.

Last edited by Shay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Shaycoins : 6559
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post Empty Re: Obligatory Sappy Sentimental Post

Post by 7 Fri May 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Oh hello precious little babby child let me tell you about my day

Since it's summer break literally all I've done with my life is play sandbox games (Minecraft, Terraria, Factorio, Starbound, Crea) and try and fail to get a job. Woo, professional adulting.

Memories of Shaychu: I was the only one who adamantly refused to play any of the Pokemon games with anyone on the website. Why was I even here lol I didn't do anything Pokemon-related for a long time
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9220

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Fri May 20, 2016 10:44 pm

My semester literally just ended 2 days ago. I played terraria on an iPad that my school let me borrow for a year to use for an economics class. Then I had to give it back and lost all my progress haha. Then I downloaded it on my dad's PC and just used cheats to get every item and whatnot. Fun stuff.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Awe this just made me remember all of the time i used to spend here back in high school and stuff. Such sentimental post, very heartwarming (I'm terrible at saying nice things)

Anywho, glad to hear you're doing well, despite your little down times here and there. It'll get better (hopefully- who am I to promise that?)

I'm a little late to this post because I've been busy since like.. may 25th or so, working on a feature film that was all night shoots, and we just finished filming yesterday. I too, like your good band member friends, studied film. It was an 18 month program though, so I graduated march of last year. But yeah, since then I've just been working on small things here and there, and lately I've FINALLY been getting some paid stuff. And I've gotten into the iatse 667 camera trainee programme here in toronto, so sometime soon I should be working on real-deal, union set TV shows and feature films Very Happy And then, come the next few years, I'll hopefully upgrade and be a 2nd AC on shows in the city~

Other than that I've been sinking a lot of my downtime into art, fire emblem, and sleeping Razz Also, super excited for sun and moon!
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Shaycoins : 8039
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://alexissheltered.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Good to hear from you and it seems like you're doing some really great stuff!  2 of my roommates are also working on a feature at the moment as well in Austin, TX (where I currently live and go to school) and are pulling all nighters throughout the weeks.  
Since school ended I am feeling a lot better, I went to California to visit family for a wedding last week and I'll be there again next month for a reunion!  I have also been working out again and am trying to focus more on music.  I'm trying to practice, write, and produce everyday.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by HanoHano Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Who doesn't like a sentimental post?

So, I don't particularly remember changing my username to 'HanoHano,' but at some point it happened. I was probably more known here as either soccerryle or wiljuice, but I can't remember which one I would've been using at the time.

Forums like this were pretty much my entire life throughout middle and (the first half of) high school, but they all just kind of dissolved. Thankfully I've kept in touch with a few people, and 7 still likes every snarky political tweet I send out (if you're liberal and into that you might like my feed.)

Right now, I'm about to be a sophomore in college at UNC Chapel Hill, majoring in mathematics and statistics. I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it, but it probably doesn't help that almost all of my time goes into writing and producing comedy. Sketch, stand-up, etc., is where I've really started to find my niche. I'm decent at the performance aspect, but I definitely spend a lot more time on writing and producing with the help of other people. So if there's someplace in this god forsaken universe where mathematical inclinations and comedic virtues overlap, you can find me there with a vodka soda, wearing khakis.

It's so weird to see how everyone grew up. Lord knows I was not the most mature member of this forum, and I probably hold the accolade for worst administrator but really that's a discussion for a different time - but I had a hell of a lot of fun with you guys.
HanoHano
HanoHano

Shaycoins : 7995
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:20 am

FYI: you asked me to change your name. I didn't know why then and I don't know why now. I don't recall you ever being Wiljuice here, though -- it used to be Electivire or just straight Justin, as far as I can remember (admittedly, faulty memory, but meh) and then Soccerryle both at the beginning and closer to the end.

Just a fun little memory trip.

(I didn't think you'd notice the tweets, lmao)

Glad to see that everyone's doing well (with movies, music, art, school, and comedy)! Meanwhile I'm over here doing literally nothing of importance orz

If someone wants to hire me for website things apparently my going rate is $15/mo .-.

Who's getting Moon? I'm getting Moon.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:53 pm

i have a few friends in computer science who plan on making apps (and also wish to create AI that will someday.. take all of our jobs.) so ill hook you up Wink

And also i just worked on something for about three weeks and made 400 CAD total soooo i understand that sweatshop-worker-life (though ive gotten quite a few good gigs since then). And i found out that, on the last set i was on, one of the main actors was the original voice of franklin the turtle - just thought id share, because i find it amusing

anyway yeah, HANOHANO you were soccerryle here Razz nice to see you're doing well~

and shay, good to hear! i hope all continues to go well in general, and with your musical endeavours

ps: i am undecided in the sun vs moon thing yet. i wanna wait and see if there are any significant, pokemon-capturing-differences between the two before i choose
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:35 am

Great to hear from you Justin! I have two cousins that went to UNC. What is your twitter?

Also, anyone enjoying playing Pokemon GO? Right now it's kind of a mess, but when it first came out it was great and I have high hopes for the future of it! Here is my profile: https://pogoprofiles.com/u/JacCkMcCabe

A few updates from me... I just got back to my parents' home in Houston from moving out of my apartment in Austin. Before that, I had a family reunion in Newport Beach, California. ...And even before that I actually went on a 10 day tour at the beginning of July with my band. We played shows in Austin, Dallas, Norman, St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, New Orleans, and Houston. I've been playing a lot of Pokemon GO as well. When the game first came out I happened to be in Chicago for the first time which was pretty cool! Needless to say I have had a lot of fun in the past month and I am very tired.
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:51 pm

yee ive been playing pokemon go but i got it maybe a few days after it came out in canada, and i think on the same day the three footprint thing started being weird? anyway i'm level 11 and havent had much time to play over the last week since im working. also the small town we're shooting in has like no pokemon, and i can't waste my battery on set, so it's not really worth it at the moment xD

But i see you sporting some Team Instinct in your signature, and I raise my coffee to you. I'm also instinct, and almost everyone in my area is Mystic, but Toronto itself is mostly Valor it seems. Zapdos FTW~ Idk why everyone hates on Instinct so much. Moltres looks like a rubber chicken, and Articuno is cool, but Zapdos is obviously the best birb..
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Yes! Glad to hear you are on Team Instinct, there aren't many of us!  Though the suburb of Houston I live in has a lot of them apparently because I always see gyms taken by them.  I actually chose my team by accident, which means I was really meant to be on instinct haha.  But if I had chosen a team on purpose, I would have probably chosen Instinct anyway because I agree with you that Zapdos is the best bird.

I think Instinct gets a bad rep because of the color, the name, and their team leader who has now become a meme god.   Red and blue are more popular colors than yellow, which I think is a determining factor of why a lot of people choose their team.  Then there's the name... Valor just sounds badass, Mystic is OK, but then there's Instinct which just doesn't sound as cool as the rest in my opinion.  Finally look at the team leaders, Candela and Blanche look super serious while Spark just looks happy to be there.  But off the legendary birds alone, Zapdos wins it for me and Moltres sucks.

EDIT: It now seems like everybody wants to be instinct...  At first everyone was hating on us and now they want to BE us.  We are the underdogs with the most personality!  Just look at this dank meme: https://imgur.com/gallery/jasWZ followed by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DFYa93K0w
Spoiler:
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:11 pm

Rk9 wrote:Moltres looks like a rubber chicken

Shay wrote:Moltres sucks.

ban ban ban ban ban ban ban

I'm Team Valor because I was the first person to play the game out of everyone I know, and red is the best color (in case you weren't aware, because this is fact, I said so so it must be true) but I'm really bad at the game anyway since I rarely ever leave the house nowadays. I'm not super into Pokemon Go but I play when I have the time (which is...pretty much all the time, come to think of it) and I'm only about level 13 despite having had an account since the hour it came out.

But hey at least none of you are Mystic trash amirite
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Valor was always a close second for me as I like the name and the color, but now I am kind of liking Mystic. How is the Hawaii Pokemon GO scene? Any good spawns near you? Lots of Pokestops and Gyms?
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bibarel Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm glad to see all of us cool kids are on Team Instict :^)
Bibarel
Bibarel
The Interactive Ranger
The Interactive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8157
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:32 am

Bibarel wrote:I'm glad to see all of us cool kids are on Team Instict :^)

wow thanks

@Shay: nah, nothing close to where I live, but there's a lot of easily-accessible spots with great spawns. Unfortunately the spots are ruined by hundreds of people crowding together and doing the opposite of socializing, but ehhhhh
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:46 am

There's a guy where I live in Austin, Texas who recently earned 1 million XP in Pokemon GO during the time period of a weekend. Now he's planning on getting 1 million XP within 24 hours this Friday night. It is going to be live streamed and I plan on joining for a few hours: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4y332b/im_the_guy_who_did_105m_exp_in_a_two_day_period/
Shay
Shay
The Super Trooper
The Super Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:36 pm

I am kinda back from the dead since a new pokemon game is here.

I guess I'll talk about any updates that recently happened, for the past 2.5 yearsish I've been living in Japan. Kinda improved conversational Japanese, been going to the pokemon center and spending my entire paychecks there lol. Food was great, the people were very friendly. Akihabara was a weebs dream come true, I also got a ton of figurines mostly Gintama or LoveLive/Kotori.
Yeah.... good stuff but now I'm in San Deigo and I've been diagnosed with severe depression, been on anti depressants for a while and no noticeable changes, waiting on Navy to decide if they want to keep me or kick me out. I got Moon version and I kinda am back into Animal Crossing cause a new update and stuff. Reminds me that I've been collecting amiibos too. Bragged to American friends when they came out in Japan first and I got them first lmao. I've also been big into OverWatch, been playing it on the PS4. I would be playing it right now if my stuff from Japan arrives at all. (I've waited like about a month for my stuff to get shipped here. I also kinda left Skype and have been using Discord which I highly recommend too. I'm also 21 now, got two tattoos in Japan if anyone wants to see I'll show you prob in PM or Discord.

Now for the feels trip, the roleplays were like my life, everyday after school I went to the site to see in any new responses or stuff happened. I was a noob at Pixel Art, only recently did I return somewhat more knowledgeable about it, still need more practice lol. I loved the pokemon league and always wanted to join then I actually joined being the Normal Type Gym Leader. Iirc I think only one or two people challenged me cause I was busy with school, working, and the family. (Haven't talked to them in like 3 years, don't miss them one bit)  I wrote some terrible fan fics lmao, remembering some right now is like "Ace, why did you do this?" Which kinda reminds me, these days I'm not "Ace" I go by Chansu Sakurai cause it sounds more badass, and there is a story behind why I chose that name, maybe later I'll tell. Random discussions and forum games were fun too, and I had a lot of fun actually getting to the top ranks in posts even though I was still relatively new at the time. If I said or did anything rude it was probably my teen angst provoked by my mother, so sorry for the past "Ace" on that. I'll make another topic and hopefully maybe bring the survivers of Shaychu once more, the Skype group kinda died real quick lol.
Ace
Ace
The Immersive Ranger
The Immersive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8003
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by indidoge Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Nice to see you back, Ace! Seems like you've been up to a lot Very Happy

I've also/ especially recently/ been visiting sort of frequently (when I have the time, and remember) because of Sun and Moon. Maybe we should trade or battle sometime soon! I'm still running around with my basic team, since I only recently actually beat the game (because I work long days and have only been able to play on weekends, and for like 20-30 minutes on my lunches xD) but I may get back into breeding with this game. Can't wait to transfer over some of my high IV pokemon from ORAS/XY so I can use them to breed other high IV little monsters... Just been doing some wonder trading lately and came across feebas so if anyone wants random IV modest feebas I'll hook you up? Also have a bunch of Adamant Rowlets.. I haven't been paying attention to IV's yet, but I'm trying to at least get the right nature's going...  on a side note, I'd like to complain about the synchronizing-nature-on-wild-pokemon thing that this game flubbed on. Like, seriously? We couldn't have just kept that the way it was..?

Anyway, enough about breeding. I have one last small question before ending this segment. If anyone has pokerus yet, please message me. I wish to get infected mons. Thanks and byee
indidoge
indidoge
The Illustrious Warden
The Illustrious Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down