Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here! Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here! Offshaychusmall

I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here! Empty I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here!

Post by kid26 Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I need to fully understand EV and IVs beacuse i am creating my team right now and i want them to become really strong so if u know anything about EV's and Iv's help me

Things i know:
i know the power items things if you use them you get more EVs

Power Weight: ^ Hit points
Power Belt: ^ Defence
Power Band: ^ Special defence
Power Bracer : ^ Attack
Power Lens: ^ Special attack
Power Anklet: ^ Speed

I also know that certain pokemon give u EV's for a certain stat

like Shellos/bidoof will give HP
Geodude/Onix will give Defense
Tentacool/Tentacruel/montyke will give special Defense
Bibarel/machop will give attack
Gastly/Haunter will give special Attack
Starly/pikachu/zubat will give Speed

I also know

IV natures for Pokemon

HIT POINTS
31-Often dozes off
30-Loves to Eat
29-Likes to Relax
28-Likes to scatter things
27-Often Naps

ATTACK
31-Likes to thrash about
30-Proud of its' Power
29-Hot Tempered
28-Quick tempered
27-A little Quick-Tempered

DEFENSE
31-Capable of taking hits
30-Sturdy Body
29-Good perseverance
28-Good endurance
27-Highly persistent

SPEED
31-Alert to sounds
30-Likes to run
29-Quick to flee
28-Somewhat of a clown
27-Impetuous and silly

SPECIAL ATTACK
31-Mischeivous
30-Highly Curious
29-Very Finicky
28-Often lost in thought
27-Thoroughly cunning

SPECIAL DEFENSE
31-Somewhat Vain
30-Strong Willed
29-Somewhat Stubborn
28-Hates to lose
27-Strongly Defiant

^^^^ but thats just for one stat how do i check the rest???

People told me that IVs dont change but when i check in the IV calcuater it changes sometimes after when i train my pokemon alittle

I think i know more of EV's but the prombelm is with IVs

How do you check when you pokemon has reached 252 so that i can stop training it on that stat?

right now this is all i can think of...so Now just answer my questions and anything that i lefted out just include it here and tell me other important stuff :/

kid26

Shaycoins : 5542
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here! Empty Re: I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here!

Post by Cirrus Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Cirrus
Cirrus

Shaycoins : 6852
Registration date : 2008-12-06

http://pokerealm.com

Back to top Go down

I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here! Empty Re: I dont fully understand EV's and IV's...If u know it really well help me here!

Post by Shiny Mew Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:46 pm

This belongs in the General Pokemon Talk, since there's no battle being planned here.

-Moved-

To answer you questions. Your IV's changed because you EV trained in that stat. There's no real way to check if your Pokemon gained 252 EV's in a stat. But you could do a IV battle with someone and check it's stat to see if it gained 63 points in that stat, since that's how many 252 EV's is. But this only works if you recorded your Pokemon's stat when IV battled before EV training. Another thing you could do is use EV reducing berry and start EV training all over again. It may seem like a bad idea but it's a small price to pay for a perfectly EV trained Pokemon.

Next time when you EV train, start recording the EV's! You can use the Counter App #11, by adding all the EV's you gained in battle for example:

Bidoof 1 HP EV + Power Item 5 X Pokerus 2
1 + 4 X 2 = 10

So enter put that onto the App. Everytime you gain EV's add that to 10 an so on.

Last edited by Shiny Mew on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiny Mew
Shiny Mew

Shaycoins : 5898
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://s236114576.onlinehome.us/err.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Bunny Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Shiny Mew wrote:This belongs in the General Pokemon Talk, since there's no battle being planned here.

-Moved-

To answer you questions. Your IV's changed because you EV trained in that stat. There's no real way to check if your Pokemon gained 252 EV's in a stat. But you could do a IV battle with someone and check it's stat to see if it gained 63 points in that stat, since that's how many 252 EV's is. But this only works if you recorded your Pokemon's stat when IV battled before EV training. Another thing you could do is use EV reducing berry and start EV training all over again. It may seem like a bad idea but it's a small price to pay for a perfectly EV trained Pokemon.

Next time when you EV train, start recording the EV's! You can use the Counter App #11, by adding all the EV's you gained in battle for example:

Bidoof 1 HP EV + Power Item 5 X Pokerus 2
1 + 5 X 2 = 12

So enter put that onto the App. Everytime you gain EV's add that to 12 an so on.

wait... don't power items only add 4?
Evil Bunny
Evil Bunny

Shaycoins : 6401
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Mew Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh, yes it does add 4 EV's, my bad. I will edit it. It also means I messed up on EV training, which sucks because I don't have EV reducing berries and I don't want to train my Pokemon all over again. What a unfortunate turn of events.

Oh well, it's only 6 EV's, but still it's a huge disappointment that I have yet to EV train correctly.

This is epic fail.
Shiny Mew
Shiny Mew

Shaycoins : 5898
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://s236114576.onlinehome.us/err.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonartist713 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am

How do you check when you pokemon has reached 252 so that i can stop training it on that stat?

the best way is to keep a tally of the EVs in a notebook/use the counting app and stop when your tally reaches 252 :/ other than that its guess and check

edit: topic death date reached 🔒
Dragonartist713
Dragonartist713
The Intelligent Warden
The Intelligent Warden

Shaycoins : 8838
Registration date : 2009-01-05

http://darklair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top