Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters) Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters) Offshaychusmall

Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters) Empty Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters)

Post by Weavile Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Fable History:If you've ever played or heard of the Fable games, this is pretty much a forum RPG version of it. If you have never heard nor played Fable, I will give you a nice description based on my experience.

Just jumping into Fable 2 TLC (The Lost Chapters) for the PC when I found it in my closet from who knows when, I decided to load it up and play. I did hear of it when it first came out, but never got it. Turns out, I regret not getting it and playing it sooner.

"Fable takes place in the fictional world of Albion. Players assume the role of an orphaned boy who realizes his dream of becoming a hero. The choices players make in the game affect the perception and reaction to their Hero by the characters of Albion, and change the Hero's appearance to mirror what good or evil deeds the Hero has performed. In addition to undertaking quests to learn what happened to the Hero's family, players can engage in optional quests and pursuits such as trading, romance, and theft." ~ Wiki on Fable

Essentially it is a Free-Roam *(mind you free roam to be taken as wander where you wish but you do have limits) Sandbox game. Sandbox games, for those who do not know, are mostly based on the player's imagination and creativity within the game to make it interesting. You can do nearly whatever you want too. Be good, save people, donate books to schools, give beggers money, etc etc. You can also be evil, steal, murder, etc etc. All your choices will reflect on your character as well. Evil people look more demonic, while good people look more attractive and holy.
For classes, there are none. You can cast spells, swing swords and other various weaponry, or use bows/crossbows.

For this RPG to be effective, there will be limits on your abilities. Please specialize in melee weapons, archery, or magic. You are free to use all three (some magic spells can help your weapon choice abilities as well) as needed, but your main weapon will be your most powerful. You can choose to specialize in up to two things (melee, archery, or magic) as the case of spellblades, arcane archers, etc.

Now for character creation!

Fill this out and PM it to me so I can accept it. Once I accept it I will add you to the list of RPers and you are free to start.
New Characters wrote:Name:
Age: {chances are you are very young from 10 years old, to teenagers}
Player:
Specialization(s): {Melee, Archery, Magic}
Description: {physical appearances like facial, hair, eyes, weight, etc. Clothing optional as you are free to chance gear and clothes}
Clothing Gear: {Everyone starts out with their choice of apprentance gear. The only difference between them is colors. You are free to choose the colors as you wish. Apprentance gear consists of a shirt, pants, boots, gloves, and hood.}
Weapon Gear: {Apprentances may choose a Yew Longbow or Crossbow for ranged, an Iron Longsword or Katana for Melee, and two spells I will detail later}
Biography: {Story of your character. All new Heros are Guild Apprentances that were invited to the guild by some Hero or another, but everything else is up to you}
Picture: {optional}

Current Characters:
  • Weavile
    Spoiler:

Storyline:
    Now that Albion is at peace, there has been an influx in Heros being recruited into the Guild. The Guildmaster knows this cannot last long, but has been willing to have these young apprentances trained in the ways of the Hero. It is nearing the end of the year and Apprentances are also nearing the end of their training. Soon they will be full fledged Heros and be able to partake in missions for Albion.

Jack of Blades has also taken interest in this new 'flock' of apprentances. Occasionally townsfolk have been spreading tales of seeing this mysterious Hero, and the rumors are flying all over the Guild as well.

Last edited by Weavile on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Weavile
Weavile

Shaycoins : 5959
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters) Empty Re: Fable, The Rise of Heros (Accepting Characters)

Post by Weavile Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Buyable Weapons:

Get your Hero Standard Weapons here!

• Iron
    Iron Grade weapons are the most commonly made by the blacksmiths in Albion. They come in wide variaties and are great for beginning Heros. Melee material.
  • Steel
    Steel Grade weapons are of higher quality then Iron, and also higher priced. Blacksmiths can make these if provided with the raw materials. Melee material.
  • Obsidian
    Obsidian Grade weapons are also called 'Evil' aligned weapons. They are of high quality and greatly priced for the Villan in need. Melee material.
  • Diamond
    Diamond Grade weapons are also called 'Good' aligned weapons. They are of high quality and highly prized for good Heros. Melee material.

• Yew
    These are the weakest and cheapest bows available. They can be used to pick off any enemies from a distance, though lack the raw power to take on strong foes. Ranged material.
  • Oak
    These things will crack the more tough nuts, and skulls, and armor, and earth, and rock. They are also somewhat cheap, so they are an excellent sniping weapon. Ranged material.
  • Ebony
    This material is pretty useful. A sniping weapon that will come in handy, and highly effective in the hands of an evil archer. Ranged material.
  • Ivory
    Nearly the same standard as Ebony, though seen more on heros then villans. Ranged material.

Melee and ranged weapons come in standard shapes listed below, though you are free to have a blacksmith make something not listed, provided he has the materials to do so.

• Longsword
  • Katana
  • Cleaver
  • Axe
  • Mace
  • Pickhammer
  • Greathammer
  • Greataxe
  • Greatsword
  • Greatmace
  • Crossbow
  • Longbow