Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical  Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical  Offshaychusmall

A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical  Empty A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical

Post by Chrono Thu May 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Every so often I like to come on to shaychu, I log onto my computer open my web browser and type in shaychu.
Now to my surprise im yellow, not red, and i quickly think im an admin and get really excited till i see the legends and i notice all the colours changed and gets into an anticlimax, happens all the time i log on.

note this is not a story to ask for a colour change, i was just really bored and this killed about 10 mins, and i thought you would like to hear of my misfortune.

Last edited by Chrono on Fri May 06, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Chrono
Chrono

Shaycoins : 6485
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical  Empty Re: A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical

Post by 7 Thu May 05, 2011 5:51 pm

The LOL ALLITERATION IS FUN really counterbalances the mood I would usually have with the phrase "A Sad Story".

I changed the colors because I wanted to go for something fresh and new. I do have reasons behind all of the color changes, though, and honestly, my original plans were much more drastic (removing most of the useless groups) but I played the devil's advocate with myself and reached a compromise.

To be honest, though, it throws me off too. And I'm the one that changed the colors in the first place...
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9221
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical  Empty Re: A Sad Story ~ The Chrono Chronical

Post by Bibarel Thu May 05, 2011 7:24 pm

I saw that Green was the admin color. Then I logged in and I was green. I squealed with joy. Then was filled with disappoint.
Bibarel
Bibarel
The Interactive Ranger
The Interactive Ranger

Shaycoins : 8158
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 7 Thu May 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Well, I figured admins should be white-named, because black is the color for banned (solely because the site is currently dark and black is a hard color to read on a dark theme) and admins are essentially the complete opposite of banned people.

Green and yellow are Ranger and Jr. Ranger, respectively, because the site is named Shaychu, thus green (Shay) and yellow (chu) in that order.

Purple is the color of royalty so it was fitting for the Shaychu 1337 to be purple.

The Champion is red because it's the second color that stands out the most (the first being a very painful shade of cyan). The Elite Four are the color of the sky, signifying how high on the battle chain they are, and the Gym Leaders are the color of the ocean because they're the first step off of the land (i.e. the first step into the Shaychu League).

Coordinators are an odd shade of magenta because I find that an elegant color and contests/musicals are elegant. Trainers are orange because it seemed like a symbol of novelty, and because Trainers can become Champions so there needed to be some red in it. Breeders are a brighter orange as a nod to the bright pink of last coloring, and Traders are an odd mix between green and yellow.

Artists are a dark shade of green because it seemed very nature-ish to do. Role players are an odd green-grey as a nod to the grey of last coloring. I already talked about black.
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9221
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top