Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
To all new Wii U owners / people interested in Wii U's storage: Offshaychusmall
Shaychu Forums
Click the "Register" button or go here: http://www.shaychu.com/register to become a member! There will be a Chatbox for all registered users at the bottom of the forum home page and the portal. The ads go away when you log in!
To all new Wii U owners / people interested in Wii U's storage: Offshaychusmall

To all new Wii U owners / people interested in Wii U's storage:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To all new Wii U owners / people interested in Wii U's storage: Empty To all new Wii U owners / people interested in Wii U's storage:

Post by 7 Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Getting a 64GB or higher flash drive or a multiple-TB USB hard drive for the Wii U is smart if you want to dedicate the space to the Wii U. You can't use the flash drive or USB hard drive for anything else without formatting; none of my computers recognize a device being inputted. I didn't check with Linux's lsusb function because I'm too lazy. I'm not sure about my SD card (which was modded for Smash Stack but I haven't actually activated it yet) but I'm guessing that it doesn't apply to that because you can't use it like a USB hard drive.

Also, USB drives take priority over the system drive. Meaning that when you download a demo or a game or something, if you have a USB drive, it goes there first, and if you have a USB drive in your Wii U, it'll load from there before loading from system memory.

You can insert more than one USB drive. I just don't have any more so I don't know what the priority between them is.

I wish I knew all of this before plugging in my 32GB flash drive.

Also, the Wii U doesn't have USB 3.0 capabilities, so getting a newfangled hard drive with USB3 support is not worth it for the Wii U. I don't have one but I thought it would be good to know.

It will need the updates. If I remember correctly, proper USB hard drive support wasn't implemented until an update. Well, you'll need the updates anyway regardless, since you can't do a damn thing without them.

Seriously, though, if I knew all of this I would've just went with the Wii U Basic. I wasn't interested in Nintendo Land (but now that I have it it's fantastic) and I don't need the charging cradle (although it is nice), plus the white Wii U would've matched my old Wii much better. Oh well, though, I have my Deluxe.

For the record, I don't remember if I mentioned this exactly, but I'm posting this here because it's something I wish I knew before I bought the Wii U.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has of the Wii U! As long as they aren't comparisons to the Playstation 4 or the Xbox One; I don't have either of those and, indeed, have no interest in them. (Alright, I'll still probably get the Xbox One, but solely for Halo, since that's my favorite game series of all time (remember, I'm entirely weird). I don't really care about the specs or anything.)

I'd like to point out, before you read this accidental wall of text, I can answer any general question about the Wii U. I can't answer things about, let's say, homebrew, or specific questions about in-game things. I don't have every game, after all. Think of me as your personal, private Nintendo sales associate! Except that I don't actually work for Nintendo. And I'm actually really bad at selling things.

In terms of "a good wack [sic] of games", I'll make a little list of suggestions of games that either are already out or will be out before 2014. So, not Super Smash Bros. 3U, and not a lot of games that were announced in E3.

Spoiler:
The Imaginative Warden
The Imaginative Warden

Shaycoins : 9223
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://variant.pokerealm.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top